- The Lenkiewicz Book Project
- Book For Sale
- Lenkiewicz: The Artist
- Early Work
- Themed Projects
- Project 1: Vagrancy
- Project 1a: Vagrancy
- Project 2: Death and the Maiden
- Project 3: Mental Handicap
- Project 4: Love and Romance
- Project 5: Love and Mediocrity
- Project 6: Paintings Designed to Make Money
- Project 7: Gossip on The Barbican
- Project 8: Jealousy
- Project 9: Orgasm
- Project 10: Self Portrait
- Project 11: Old Age
- Project 12: Suicide
- Project 13: Still Lives
- Project 14: The Painter With Mary
- Project 15: Death
- Project 16: Sexual Behaviour
- Project 17: Observations on Local Education
- Project 18: The Painter With Women
- Project 19: Landscape
- Project 20: Addictive Behaviour
- Project 21: Paintings Painted Blind - On The Theme Of Tobit
- Project 22: Still Lives II
- Project 23: Time
- Project 24: The Harrowing of Hell
- Non-Project Work
- Style and Technique
- Popular Sitters
- Lenkiewicz: The Book Collector
- Lenkiewicz: The Philanthropist
- Lenkiewicz: The Writer
- Personal Memoirs
- a childs-eye view of lenkiewicz
Project 24: The Harrowing of Hell
The Harrowing of Hell was never formally initiated as a Project. There were, however, various preparatory ideas and possibly some paintings.
Lenkiewicz began talking about his ideas for this project a few years before his death. It was apparently going to be a small project, one of a few that Lenkiewcz intended to work on once Project 20 was completed.
The paintings were going to be chiefly grisailles.
It is believed that the first painting intended for this project may have been produced as early as 1993, It was a large tryptich featuring Lenkiewicz sitting cross-legged on the floor, painted in grisaille with swirling masses of white cloth above him which spread onto the left and right panels.
There were a small number of paintings found in a private studio after Lenkiewicz's death which looked like they could have been part of this theme.
It is possible that some of the preparatory thought and work for The Harrowing of Hell might have informed the Blind Tobit Project.